Much needed rest

 

Harry Styles during his concert at the Philippine Arena, March 14, 2023

March is ending and honestly, I have not started any of what I had written in my new year’s resolution. Three months went by in 2023 yet, I still feel stuck and totally distracted. I have not published a single video on my Youtube channel though I have a lot of videos to share. Just cannot find the time to edit videos and my creativity was hard to unearth these days. Only wrote a blog post just now, and had only read one short story in February which is very nice by the way. The book is called "Animal Farm" by George Orwell.

There are too many distractions I face these days and I was guilty of pouring out time and emotions into unnecessary things for the past months.  It is very unhealthy. I was also overstimulated by people, social gatherings, social media, and office work.

Many have changed in how we do things at work resulting in the bulk of tasks, adding to the weight on my shoulders. I was busier than ever causing burnout sometimes. Honestly, for me and my colleagues, they were mostly time-consuming, redundant, and unnecessary. But who are we? just salaried humans who need to abide by the rules of whoever is sitting on the throne for the time being.

I love my job but these days it has been really challenging.

I got a cold and cough for weeks, have not slept well enough, and my skin is drying.  I felt that I need to detach from everything for a while and spend time alone so I can recuperate for my mental, emotional, and physical health. So, I took a whole week off work and spent time in solitude.

On those days that I was free from all the responsibilities of my work, I got to attend Harry Style’s concert at the Philippine Arena. It was amazing. Harry Styles is one of the best singers of this generation. Though I was alone, I still managed to enjoy the night singing and dancing my heart out to his music.  His fans really glammed up wearing their best neon outfits with matching colorful feathers and knee-high boots. I thought I was in cosplay that day. Everyone dressed weirdly but beautifully and I loved it. I was also able to talk to two people there who are like me, loyal fans but alone attending the concert. It was nice meeting new people.

On some other days, I met with my friends, one at a time. It was nice, just talking and catching up with my people while eating Japanese food. Back at home, I just spent time unapologetically tending to my own needs, feeding myself nicely, listening to good music, watching some episodes of Friends,  exercising, and sleeping enough. I also got to write in my journal, expressed my thoughts, and wrote down my future plans.

But, the best thing about being in solitude is that I got to talk to myself out loud. Calling myself out for the unproductive things I did the past few months, telling myself how much time I wasted on some things that are futile, and of course, affirming myself that I can do well in the coming days. That it is not yet too late to change and get down to work on my personal projects, and do things that are essential to my success. Most importantly, reminding myself of my worth and how I have grown as a person, and the many lessons I have learned, the new discoveries I have realized about myself even for a short period of time.

Now that my vacation is over, I am ready to face work again and do adult things. Excited to work on my personal projects, and got some new ideas too.  I will focus now and eliminate distractions to do things necessary for my progress.

Sometimes, one just needs a week of rest from everything stressful to clear the mind, energize the soul and refresh the body. ♥

 



Comments

Popular Posts