Thank you, 2022. Welcome, 2023!

 



Year 2022 was a blast! 


Not only because the pandemic started losing its strength this year, and people have returned to their normal state of living, but this is also the year of my life transformation. 


It all started with my decision to plunge into a new job which gave me better financial standing, let me meet new friends, and made me learn new things.


 I was also allowed to move and live in a new, unfamiliar place. That is right. I left Manila and moved to Oriental Mindoro province for work. It was unplanned, so it is fate.


 Instead of overreacting to this sudden change in my life, I embraced it wholeheartedly. And for 5 months that I have been living here, I could say it was worth it. Change in the scenery has been therapeutic, and I have become more productive, less stressed, and more confident about myself and my work output.


All in the universe must have conspired to make this year perfect for me. I am thankful to God for all the blessings I received and for giving me the strength and wisdom to overcome all the challenges I faced during the 12 months of 2022.


Here are the things I am grateful for:



My job


My job has really been a blessing to me since the start. I cannot imagine myself not working because it is my nature. Helping and serving others through work is my passion.


As a public servant, I am on the right path in my career.

 The sense of fulfillment and the work-life balance I get let me enjoy my work. 


In some of my previous jobs, I would wake up dragging myself to the office but not this time. The saying that "work is love made visible" is true.


Thanks to this job, I reached my financial goal this year, which helped me support my cause.


Also, I like my boss and colleagues. I love my job! Need I say more? 😊



My friends


The lockdowns isolated me from my very few friends. I have lost a best friend, but I gained new ones this year. These people are honest and genuine, we jive, and I love their company. 


Working and living in another strange place became bearable because of these new friends I got. I have found my tribe.


I knew myself as very individualistic, but life has taught me new lessons about dealing with others. At first, I was unsure if I could share space, a kitchen, and a bathroom with strangers. I thought it would be hard, and I will constantly need my freedom and privacy. But I did not expect to mix well with others. I realized that other people possess skills that I do not have, for example, cooking. One of my housemate's passions is cooking for others, so I get the benefit of eating a warm and healthy meal every day, unlike me, who only contributes to washing the dishes. Others enjoy cleaning our living space, and I always get help setting up the washing machine. We help and care for each other like a family.


As for my good old friends, I get in touch and see them occasionally. I had lunch with Ja & Lei recently, and our conversation was fun and insightful. I am grateful to those who stayed in my life.



My Family


The kids in the family are growing – my nieces and nephews are not babies anymore, but I am glad because they see me as their loving and very cool Aunt whom they still love to visit during the holidays. Been busy with work lately, but before 2022 ended, I made sure to spend time and play with them, to let them know that aside from their parents, they also have a Tita who loves and cares for them.


I was also grateful that my siblings and I have a solid relationship, and we regularly chat despite the distance between us all. Everyone has their own lives now, but I am glad that I am still the go-to person for my siblings. My brother would always check on me, asking how I was, and call me on my phone to chat. 


As always, my mother uplifts my energy. We spent Christmas together in a beautiful place, and it was unforgettable. I love my Mama for being a child at heart. Despite the many hardships she had been through, she remained fierce, cheerful, and fun to be with. No wonder people are drawn to her. She is the person I look up to for being brave, strong, and dependable at all times.


Also, I am deeply grateful to the people who are not blood-related but consider me their own. I am well-loved and cared for by these people, and I treat them as my family. And, of course, to 'the one' who loves me unconditionally, thank you!



My Health


It is one thing I am most grateful for, the gift of health. Some people my age are already taking medicines for body pains, and I am thankful that my body and mind still function well. Though I got sick during my first week in Mindoro when my body was adjusting to the temperature of the new environment, aside from that flu, my lab tests were okay, and I feel great!


Less traffic in the province and the short commute to the office provide me enough sleep. My friends and I usually exercise after work, and I also do intermittent fasting, which helps me maintain my weight. Plus, I eat real food daily, thanks to our talented Cook. This is the way to live longer.


 

New learnings and experiences


The 'wandering soul' in me was so happy to gain new experiences and explore new places this year. I have been to Puerto Princesa Palawan, Zambales, Puerto Galera, and some beautiful spots in Calapan City. I enjoyed swimming in the cold, gushing water from the mountains, seeing the carabaos plowing the rice fields, hiking in the forest, and feeling the seaside breeze on my skin.


I will never forget how I panicked when I got bitten by leeches during our hike in the forest. I turned out fine in the end. What an experience!


This year, I got closer to nature. It calms my soul. 

Philippines, you are indeed astounding!  


Meanwhile, I accomplished many big things at work, including winning second runner-up in a Quiz Bee on Statistics, which came with a plaque and a cash prize.


And most importantly, we were able to give back and share our blessings to select poverty-stricken families in Calapan City, Oriental Mindoro, through an outreach program that my officemates and I facilitated. It was a wonderful experience.



In the year to come…


I have set new goals for myself, and I hope to accomplish all of them. I also want to maintain better habits this 2023:



Focus


This year, I will focus on myself, on the little things that matter to me.

 I will pour my energy into the things that give meaning to my life and not waste time on the inessential matter, situations, or people that do not contribute to my peace and growth. I will associate myself with people who make me better.


I will also prioritize maintaining my hobbies, such as creating and editing videos, posting regularly on my Youtube channel, helping it improve and grow, and keep writing in this journal.


At work, I plan to continue automating the processes so our job will get easier, giving me extra time and energy for my creative endeavors outside work.



Reading


Since returning to the office after the COVID-19 quarantine, I have not finished a single book this year. I promise to start reading again, even for a few pages every night. I promise!



Letting go of the past


Nothing in the past worth remembering aside from the life lessons they taught me. I will continue moving on with my life and living in the present moment. No more sulking and overthinking what could have been. Instead, being appreciative of the choices I made that led me to where I am now.



Taking care of myself and my health


I am not getting any younger. I have to give more attention to my body and brain.

I vow to continue eating healthy food, exercise regularly, get enough sleep every day, maintain a skincare routine and personal hygiene, laugh often, and not let the stress of outside forces affect me.



And finally, this is it! Welcome, 2023! Another year to explore, live, and love! Cheers! ❤






Comments

Popular Posts