Philippine Election 2022

 



67M Filipinos cast their votes on May 9, 2022, and had chosen their leaders for the next six years. 

I must say that this National and Local Election in the Philippines is one of a kind. It is far different from what I witnessed in the previous elections in the country.  

Presidential candidates have prepared well for their marketing strategies by using colors to represent them such as red, pink, green, and blue.  It is easier to identify the supporters of each candidate by the color of their shirts and their Facebook photo frames.

After a few grueling months of the campaign, we are now at the end of the election and at the beginning of a new administration. 

It is imminent that the next president of the Philippines is the one who got more than half of the total votes, a landslide indeed.  The majority of Filipinos voted for him. I hope he delivers his promises during the campaign. And I wish for a better Philippines after his term.

A woman candidate did not win in votes but surely won the heart of many, especially the young. I prayed hard that she would win but guess it is not yet her time.  I am making myself believe that it is also a blessing that she lost for she will be spared from facing the country’s unfixable problems.  She instilled hope for many, nonetheless. Dignified and a fighter until the very end. Salute!

There is also the “most qualified” candidate for his intellect and experience in government service but sad to say, he has less appeal to the masses. But he did well too.

I also want to mention that another candidate has gained my respect during the campaign period. I did not expect him to be this courageous in facing interviews and debates, but he shows up every time. He has a heart for the Filipino people but maybe the presidency is not for him. He needs more knowledge and experience in a government setting.


This election has broken a lot of relationships. Some people just freely say anything to each other on social media without thinking about the consequences of their actions, not thinking about the children who could read their unfiltered words against each other. Some people just spread disinformation and lies to influence others. This is not our proudest moment, Filipinos. We are better than this. 

I am disappointed with some of my old friends who keep on blabbering fake news just to validate their own opinions. They have become toxic on Facebook I ended up unfriending some of them.

 I also have wasted some of my precious time explaining and fighting misinformation, though, my efforts are futile because even some of my family members have become fanatic about a certain candidate. Some people only accept the things that they want to hear even if it is wrong.

Even after the election, they still keep sending videos, and funny memes to our family chat box. I ended up scolding them to stop because they are all nonsense. 

It was over. The election was over. We got to face our real life again and move forward.

  I wish that the leaders we have elected will deliver their promises and make this country a better place to live in, for the children, and for the generations to come. I wish they would do something about climate change. 

The choice that we have made today will greatly influence the future. I hope we made a good one. Mabuhay ka, Pilipinas!

Comments

Popular Posts