Happy Birthday to me

 

                                                                                                                            https://www.zastavki.com/

I am not your twenties girl anymore because I am turning 31 this 27th of January! 😍
Where's my Aquarius gang at? Let’s go and make this 2022 wonderful by just merely existing in our own unique way and by being a blessing to others. 😉

Like Taylor Swift, I feel like I am always 22, and that is why I did not update the title of this blog yet.  I still feel like a very young girl inside though I have to act mature outside because I am a legit adult now. 

It was amazing to be alive on this planet earth for three decades, and 
I am grateful for this life that was lent to me, even though I will celebrate my birthday again in isolation. 

As a birthday wish,  I would want COVID and all its variants: delta, and omicron, would finally go away and never come back. 

The big news is, I was just promoted to an officer-level post 
at work! Yahoo! What an advanced birthday gift to me. 🙏💝

I am thankful that my hard work is finally paying off. 
I didn’t wish to be on top of the chain, but I always pray that wherever I go, whatever I do, God would give me what I deserve. 
I guess I really deserve this blessing in my life.

So, what now, 30s girl? 
What can you say about life? 
What did you learn?

Come on, share something!

Okay, drama first...

Just like the humble beginnings of every protagonist,  I was not born into a wealthy family with a successful background.

My family experienced many challenges financially throughout my childhood, and those adversities in life made me the person I am today.

Now, as an adult, I might not appear successful based on other people's standards.  I don't own a house and a car [yet], no overflowing money in the bank.  But for me, as for the standard that I set for myself, I am already successful. 

Being healthy and able to afford the basics, safe in my dwelling, being with people I love,  and having peace of mind make me successful.

Here are the things that I have  learned about myself so far:


I can achieve most of the things I want if I focus and work hard for them

 - Growing up poor, I had this dream to finish college and have a future. I set my mind to focus on that and studied hard. I knew that education was my only way out of poverty, nothing else. So, I did everything to graduate. I had been writing in our college newspaper for free tuition, and at the same time, I worked part-time in a supermarket. When I look back on those years of hard work and sacrifices, they are all worth it.

After college, I was lucky to get into companies that I was eyeing to work with. 
And most of the time, I had won a job with over a dozen of applicants. I had also accomplished big projects at work that I thought I could not do. There are times that I got lucky winning creative contests that came with great prizes, etc.
Wins like these in my life might seem small to others but are big wins for me.

 I realized that things happen to me when I just focus and pour my heart into them.
 
Alongside being a hard worker, I guess I am also a lucky person. Luck and hard work are really a powerful combo.


I am not much of an extrovert

- When I was younger, I remember envying my eldest sister for having many friends who come over to our house, like a whole neighborhood of friends. 

I said to myself that I wanted that too. I wanted to belong to a group and have many friends that admire me. It felt good being surrounded by many people when I was younger.

But as I grew older, I became selective of the people I hang out with. I realized that I did not like noise, and I could not jive with everyone.  I value my privacy and can only show my true self to a few people. I prefer my 3 girlfriends in the neighborhood and 3 girlfriends at school. 

My bubble got bigger as I entered adulthood. I met a lot of new acquaintances and spent time with them sometimes, but these days I only talk to three people, one friend from the previous company I worked for, one from the present, and one friend from high school, and I like it that way. 

I feel at peace not dealing with many people. I think my attention is limited. I am just not for everyone. Also, being with many people on festive occasions exhaust me. Family is not an exemption. I love them, and I enjoy their company for days or a week, but more than that, I need to be alone and recharge. 

There are times that I prefer my solitude. I think it's helpful not to be around people all the time. Let yourself reflect and introspect.


  I like changes and progress

- I am the type of person who loves growth and freedom. I love learning new things. And this is why I love reading books. 

I like talking to people with whom I can learn new things.  Also, I hate the feeling of being stuck in one place or event forever. 

When I was in my twenties, I used to change jobs and companies when bored. Like, I want to try different tasks and just choose what I like the most. I'll move on to the next when I think I am not growing anymore in my current work. It's not always good to keep chasing new things, but those decisions led me to where I am now, and I like the "now".

People tend to explore and change not only in their careers but in some other areas of their life. Though we make mistakes sometimes, it is just right to find out and choose what you think is best for you and not just stay on a shitty job, place, or person that makes you unhappy and stagnant. Everyone likes progress.


I am constantly in search of wisdom.

- Like the progressive person I am, I always look for things to improve within myself. Be it financially, morally, spiritually, or socially. I like to experiment with different beliefs to test if they work for me. At least once, I visited churches that my friends attend just to get information about their religion. I just observed what they do inside the church and enjoyed the new learnings and experiences. 

Now I am into philosophy and understanding human psychology. I am fascinated with these subjects, which guide me in dealing with people, developing my belief systems and values, and improving my personal relationships.

It may sound weird, but I am also interested in astrology. 
As the tides were caused by the moon, I believe that people's emotions and personalities are influenced by the sun, the moon, the planets, and the position of these celestial objects during birth. I am glad that I have a friend who shares the same passion for astrology to have someone to share my weirdness with. 


I love writing

Were you surprised? haha! But If I do it as a job, I might procrastinate 😂
 I just want to write when I feel like it. I don't want someone to expect something of my writing and set deadlines. It might change in the future or might not.

Journaling has helped me through the years. I have been writing in my journal for the last 15 years, so I know that I have come a long way as a person. 
I can go back to past memories if I want to through my journal. 

Also, I have made poems for every person I liked, from my every heartbreak, from my winnings and losses. I wish to publish them when there are enough of them. I think I still have to make more.


I wish to improve the world.

Sure I am not the only one who feels this way. Most people want to make this world a better place though it seems like a dream. 

 Some are capable but do not know what to do or where to start. Even Elon Musk doubted that world hunger will be solved if he donates $6B of his wealth,  

I want to rescue abused children, women, and animals. I want to help save our planet from climate change, and so on and so forth. 

I wish to make a significant change in our society or fix one single world problem in a snap of my finger. This is my greatest wish.

These are so far the things that comprised me as a person. I was happy to realize them now.
 It is okay if I look and act differently from other people. As long as I know myself, I accept my personality, and I love the whole of myself, I am good.

 Along the way, I will experience other things in life that might change me (I hope for the better). And I am open to those changes. xoxo







Comments

Popular Posts