THIS TOO SHALL PASS

 

 After nine months in General Community Quarantine, NCR is now back to square one, the Enhanced Community Quarantine (ECQ). Stricter measures are being imposed again since COVID-19 cases daily are higher now than last year. Just for today, we have more than 6,000 new cases. It is like we are going backward instead of forward in this fight.  People are dying in the hospitals, medical practitioners are overworked, medicines are running out, and vaccines available are not enough for everybody. Some people on social media blame the government for poor decision-making. Some blame other people for not following simple health protocols like wearing masks, shields, disinfecting, and physical distancing.

But let's admit that we have become complacent since the first delivery of vaccines from China. We might have thought it was safer now since there are people who have started receiving the jabs but, we are wrong. Some of us are too bored at home and have started to go outside, meet friends, eat out, travel on beaches, etc. I, too, have been thinking of going to the nearest beach or pool this summer but I know it's impossible given the situation. And some people do not believe in COVID at all. 

We know that Filipinos cannot afford another lockdown. Most of us are just relying on a per-day income to feed our families, and yet here we are without any choice. It is so sad. God, please help the Philippines. 

I'll be staying home through this ECQ. I have adjusted to living the new normal. In fact, I enjoy being at home more than ever. Yesterday, I planted some vegetable seeds in the backyard. I hope they would live and grow (crossed fingers). I'm also taking care of my pomegranate tree, a month old, which was given to me by my brother. I was so happy to see it starting to flourish. I cannot wait to harvest its fruits when the right time comes. 

Today, I was in the mood to paint my nails blue, and I love them. I also did my niece's fingernails, and she was excited about it. It was just a simple thing that I did today, but I feel very accomplished. It was calming. I also exercise regularly these days, which helped me focus and sleep early at night. Good for my brain and body. I don't want unnecessary thoughts, and I shall not get sick.

COVID winning? I don't think so. When there are still people who have self-discipline and care for others by following basic rules to not get sick and not infect others. 

As long as there are people who stay at home when they don't have business outside. As long as there are people who are keeping their minds and body healthy, doing their ways to be part of the solution and not part of the problem, COVID won't win. 

And I am sure we can get through this crisis. Years from now, it will be just another memory of our lives. We will learn from this. We will survive this. Like any hardships that we have ever faced in life, THIS TOO SHALL PASS.

Comments

Popular Posts