Get Yourself Out of Sudden Depression


Last night, I had trouble sleeping and got so emotional in my bed. I do not know why sudden feelings of regrets, worthlessness, and unhappiness came all over me. Those bad decisions and missed opportunities in the past were creeping into my mind. I cannot help but feel so anxious about my future. I was so depressed. I wanted to scream to release them out of my chest, but I cannot when everyone in the house is sleeping.

I just suffered in silence until I managed to find my way out of those intense emotions.


As humans, we tend to feel anxiety and depression that I hope we can overcome every time they knock at our doors. You may try some of the tips below to help you get over sudden depression.


Read Inspirational Quotes or Books


Grab your phone and google some inspiring quotes when you are feeling down. They are short and effective in changing the mood. I have a collection of inspirational quotes in my personal notebook and phone that help me get through life. If you love reading books, get that one favorite of yours that entertains and inspires you. Reading has always been effective in calming the mind and relaxing the body.


Journal It


Write all your feelings in a notebook; your frustrations, your hidden desires, and how you feel at the moment. Maintaining a personal journal is like having a friend you can trust and always willing to listen when you talk. Make a list of all the things you are thankful for having – your family, friends, and a roof in your head. When you can see all your blessings, you will be more grateful for what you are and be happier.


Talk to a Friend


A friend or a special someone is all you need during this time. If you cannot meet personally, just call or chat using social media. Tell them what is bothering you and ask for their advice. You may also talk about common interests or reminisce on happy memories together. Good friends will let you stay inspired and keep you smiling at the end of your conversation.


Practice Mindfulness


Our mind is powerful; what you think, you become. When feeling sad, look at your surroundings - notice how your room is arranged. Feel the comfort of your bed, the softness of the pillow. Feel the air that touches your skin. Feel it as it enters your nose and your entire body. Breathe in and out. Forget about yesterday and the future. Just focus on your current state and relax. Meditation clears your mind from unwanted thoughts and helps in reducing stress.


Play Your Favorite Song


You can always find a song that speaks to your soul. Listen to it whenever you need an instant fix with your emotions. Create a playlist of uplifting songs on your phone to set up good vibes. Music is so magical. It is a therapy that can lift the spirit and give peace to a bothered mind.


Stop and Pray


When feeling down, confused, and do not know what to do, just stop and pray. Talk to God. Tell Him all your troubles and ask Him to help you clear your mind. Thank Him for this day that you're alive and for all your blessings. Believe that you are not alone, and there is always a powerful force in this world that can save you from your present circumstance.

Comments

Popular Posts